The Central Africa Conflict Prevention Association’s mission is:
- To empower civil societies, civil servants, and governments to foster cultures of peace and development in Central Africa.
- The Central Africa Conflict Prevention Association’s goals and objectives are to foster cultures of peace in Central Africa.
The Central Africa Conflict Prevention Association’s overall goals are:
- The promotion of democratic principles and good governance.
- To influence government policies towards non-violent resolution of conflict and to search for peace by peaceful means in conflict areas.
- To advocate for Ministries for peace.
- The promotion collaboration/ coordination among all peace focused agencies and organization as one important means to advance comprehensive regional and national peace approaches.
Specific objectives of CACOPA are:
- To promote positive peace through engaging to address human rights violations and abuses.
- To empower communities to hold governments responsible for the delivery of accountable and accessible governance.
- To provide resources and trainings in peace building, peacemaking and peace keeping.
- To work to cease the proliferation of small arms.
- To conduct research on conflict resolution , conflict prevention and peace.
- To developing peace education programme.